Today the Joomla! project released the first in a new series: Joomla!® 3.0
Joomla! 3.0 comes with a brand new look & feel for the Administration area, that's the result of great work by the Joomla! UX (JUX) team. Joomla! 3.0 is Mobile Ready with a fully responsive site template, adming UI, and responsive core output.
Features and Updates in 3.0
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Incorporation of Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template Isis and interface.
- A new frontend template Protostar built using Bootstrap and updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS