The Joomla!® project today released the latest version of one of the world's most popular Open Source Content Management Systems (CMS).
Joomla 1.6.0 comes packed with new features that will make life easier for Web Developers, Designers and web site Administrators.
- Finer access controls for viewing and editing content with configurable user groups and viewing levels
- A user-defined category structure, from simple one-level to complex multi-level categories
- Installation improvements allowing for multiple extension installations in one package, updatable with a single click
- Expanded language support for easy production of multi-lingual sites
- Start and end publishing times for modules with more control over where they display,
- Fresh new templates and semantic markup to please the eye as well as the search engines
- More creative control through template styles
- Hundreds of additional features, streamlining workflow and productivity
Joomla 1.5 will still have long-term support, and as soon as our favourite Joomla extensions fully support 1.6 we will start to migrate our clients' web sites.
Congratulations and thanks to all the volunteers who made this new release possible
Learn more about Joomla 1.6 here: joomla/16